Today I interview Josh Brown from Indiana Franchise Law. Listen to the episode anytime right here! Josh Brown has a law office in Carmel, Indiana which provides legal and business strategy for entrepreneurs and franchise owners.
Josh serves two kinds of clients
- individuals from corporate jobs who are looking to scratch that entrepreneurial itch and
- small business owners who want to grow through franchising.
Josh takes prospective franchisees through a 2 week discovery process to really examine if the franchise is right for them.
What are the hottest franchises?
Then there is his 4-month process which walks small business owners through the process of becoming a franchisor – at the end you have a completely franchise-ready business.
Josh has a podcast, Franchise Euphoria, which I highly recommend – fantastic content for anyone interested in franchising or food service from either side – franchisee or franchisor. Definitely check out the episode with Michael Gerber, author of The E-Myth [amazon template=multinational&asin=0887307280].
Those numbers Josh mentioned about franchising in the US:
- 35,000 franchise units purchased in 2014
- $900bn turnover in franchising
- 250,000 employees in franchising
Reach out to Josh at indyfranchiselaw.com or [email protected]